It’s one heavenly fine morning, and you are setting out for the fishing you have been planning for weeks! All your gears checked – the rod, the reel, baits, line – cool! You put all these together and through into the deck of your truck and rush out towards the lake! Once you get down and pick your gears up from the deck – voila! The reel has scratches!
How did this happen? Well, it’s no rocket science to get that is it? When you were heading out, the reel wasn’t covered with any kind of safety protector. Hence, what was bound to happen – happened!
If you don’t want this to happen to you, it’s high time you chose a baitcaster reel cover! But what do you have as options? Well, in this piece, we are going to present you the best baitcaster reel cover reviews for the covers that we picked for you! So without further ado, let’s hop in!
- 10 Best Baitcaster Reel Cover Reviews
- 1. Lew’s Baitcast Size 300 Reel Cover– Best Reel Covers
- 2. Shimano Neoprene Reel Cover– Best Baitcast Reel Cover
- 3. Abu Garcia Revo Shop Neoprene Cover– Best Baitcaster Case
- 4. Allen Company Stretch Reel Cover– Best Reel Case For Baitcasting
- 5. SF Casting Baitcast Reels Cover – Best Baitcaster Reel Case
- 6. Nawaish 2 Pack Baitcaster Fishing Reel Cover – Best Baitcaster Reel Case
- 7. SF Low Profile Neoprene– Best Baitcaster Reel Covers
- 8. SF Low Profile Casting Reel Case– Best Baitcast Reels Cover
- 9. KUFA Low Profile Baitcasting Reel Cover– Best Reel Covers
- 10. PENN Neoprene– Best Conventional Reel Covers
- Importance of Baitcast Reel Cover
- Top 3 Baitcaster Reel Cover Brands
- Best Baitcaster Reel Cover Buying Guide
- Final Words
10 Best Baitcaster Reel Cover Reviews
It wasn’t an easy chore to pick a few out of hundreds of cover options. However, we did our best to pull out 10 most useful choices for you. Find out more from here!
1. Lew’s Baitcast Size 300 Reel Cover– Best Reel Covers
We start it off with Lew’s Baitcast LSCBC3 reel cover. This one is a versatile reel cover that will suit nearly all the regular baitcasting reels you use. From the 300/wide reel to even spinning reels 100 to 400 – this cover can cover it all up! Most importantly, it doesn’t matter if you are using the right or left hand retrieve reel, the cover suits both.
Made from high-density neoprene, you can feel the rugged yet soft material that covers the reel. It comes with a 2mm thickness to protect the reel from any kind of external impact. Then again, the synthetic polymer also makes sure it doesn’t put any unnecessary pressure on the reel.
The best part is, the cover has an excellent closure and opening option. Immediately after you put the reel inside the cover, it will close it down. Thanks to its high-quality hook, it takes just a few seconds to lock the cover. Thus, you can enjoy instant protection from any kind of outside impact.
- Made from 2mm high-density synthetic polymer – neoprene
- Instant surrounding for quick protection against impact
- Top-quality loop closing system
- It suits both the left and right hand retrieve reels
- The cover fits most standard reels
2. Shimano Neoprene Reel Cover– Best Baitcast Reel Cover
Shimano puts the same effort into producing the reel covers that they put while making their reels. That means you get the industry-level quality for a basic reel cover. Sounds too good to be true? Well, the neoprene reel cover from Shimano is actually made from high-quality neoprene synthetic material.
The most exciting part of this cover is its impact absorption technique. The neoprene material can easily absorb any external impact on it and reduces the chance of damage to the reel on the inside. Moreover, it also prevents scratches and bumps the same way. So, you can rest assured that your reel is in safe hands.
Apart from that, the cover can be easily applied to the reel. It doesn’t matter if the reel is on or off the rod; you can still put the cover on it. It saves you from wasting your time detaching the reel from the rod. That’s how easily this 3mm impact-resistant neoprene material saves your reel from damage.
- Crafted from heavy-duty neoprene material
- The thickness of the neoprene is 3 mm
- It can be worn on the reel in both on and off the rod cases
- The cover perfectly absorbs scratches and bumps
3. Abu Garcia Revo Shop Neoprene Cover– Best Baitcaster Case
Another top-class selection for our list is the Abu Garcia Revo Shop Neoprene Cover. Similar to the effort and precision they apply in making their world-class reels, Abu Garcia puts the same effort to craft the cover, as well. This is clear from the material they use – high-quality neoprene.
This 2mm neoprene material makes it quite a tough job to leave any scratch on it. It’s quite thick enough to absorb multiple impacts from outside, which makes it very convenient to carry and transport from one place to another. Moreover, it also secures the reel from any kind of internal friction.
The reel cover comes with a couple of high-quality loop and hook fasteners. These keep it really simple and easy to close and open the cover in seconds. What’s best about the reel cover is it fits almost all Abu Garcia reel sizes – from 10 to 40. Then again, you can also use it for 5000, 6000, and 7000 reel sizes, as well.
- Constructed from high-quality neoprene material
- It can be installed without the reel separated from the rod
- The reel uses high-quality loop and hook fasteners
- Fits almost all Abu Garcia reels from 10 to 40 sizes
- Cover material comes with a 2mm thickness
4. Allen Company Stretch Reel Cover– Best Reel Case For Baitcasting
Up next on our list for the best baitcaster reel cover reviews is the Allen Company Stretch Reel Cover. Made from high-quality materials, this cover is a great choice for any angler who has a low-profile baitcast reel. That’s right; this one is a perfect fit for most baitcast reels we find in the market.
Although when worn, the cover can enclose the entire reel, except for the handle. The handle will get exposed. However, this is not quite a huge matter as handles are more resistant to impact than the reel frame. Then again, given that it’s designed to fit low-profile reels, this is expected.
The exciting part is, you don’t need to detach the reel from the rod to use the cover or to unlock it. It is designed in such a way that you can conveniently open it up, wrap it around the reel, and simply close it down. It’s that simple and easy.
- Made from heavy-duty quality materials
- Specially designed for low-profile baitcast reels
- It can fit both right and left hand retrieve
- The cover can be applied without detaching the reel
5. SF Casting Baitcast Reels Cover – Best Baitcaster Reel Case
If you are looking for a rigid and rough cover for your reel, then look no further than the SF Casting Baitcast Reels Cover case. This one comes in 3 different sizes to fit the most common baitcast reels. The smallest size comes with a 3.35 X 3.15 inches profile, while the largest size comes with a 5.12 X 4.33 inches profile.
Made from high-quality neoprene materials, the cover comes with pretty good resistance. Its 5 mm thickness allows it to protect the reel from any kind of impact and scratches from outside. Moreover, it also protects the reel from getting wet from a marginal level of water splash. So, you’re also on the safer side in this case.
The most exciting part of this cover is its venting holes. These holes make sure that the cover is well-ventilated so that the reel inside stays cool. Designed for both right and left-hand reels, you can simply pick a cover and start using – just like that!
- Made from 5mm neoprene materials
- It comes in 3 different size options
- Offers no unpleasant smell
- Suitable for both right and left-hand reels
- Ventil holes on the cover keep the reel well-ventilated
6. Nawaish 2 Pack Baitcaster Fishing Reel Cover – Best Baitcaster Reel Case
The stunning black and blue color combination on the NawaishBaitcaster Reel Cover will catch your eyes immediately. It looks absolutely vibrant on your reel and gives it a royal look. Now, apart from the design, the cover comes with brilliant building material, as well.
NawaishBaitcaster Reel cover is crafted from 5mm thick neoprene material. Being a bit thicker than most of its counterparts puts it on the front with a number of advantages. Firstly, it protects the reel from any type of external impact while transporting. Secondly, it keeps the reel safe from UV rays and corrosion. Not to mention obvious protection from dust and scratches.
As the cover is made from high-quality polymer fiber mesh, it resists moisture forming inside. That means it keeps the reel dry inside and doesn’t allow humid formation around it. So, your reel keeps cool and fresh every time you open it up.
- Reel cover is crafted from neoprene material
- Material thickness is 5mm
- The fold-out opening doesn’t bother the line guide
- Protects against UV rays and corrosion
- It resists moisture trapping and keeps it dry
7. SF Low Profile Neoprene– Best Baitcaster Reel Covers
Another champ in the house is the SF Low Profile Baitcaster Reel Cover. If you have a baitcaster reel from the 50, 100, or 200 series, this one is going to be a perfect suit for you. Made from high-quality neoprene materials, this one offers the optimum protection you need for your reel.
Having such a flexible and strong material as the building block, the cover comes with a low-friction coefficient. This allows it to be precisely impact-resistant and repelling scratches and bumps. So, overall, you get heavy-duty protection from multiple angles.
Apart from all that, the cover can stretch pretty much easily. This helps it to expand to make room for the reel to fit in. Then again, the Velcro straps offer smooth and quick closing and opening of the hook.
- Crafted from high-quality neoprene materials
- Perfectly suitable for 50, 100, and 200 baitcast series
- Stretching cover can easily suit any reel size
- Vent holes on the bottom for ventilation
- Velcro fasteners for quick locking and unlocking
8. SF Low Profile Casting Reel Case– Best Baitcast Reels Cover
Another top-class reel cover from the SF store is the 50-250 series cover. This cover suits baitcasting reels from series 50 to 250. However, the design comes with excellent versatility in that it can fit different types of fishing reels with its one, single size.
Like the previous one from SF Store, the reel cover is made from neoprene material, as well. The thick cover protects your reel from all kinds of impact and scratches. So, you can keep the reel safe and sound with no bumps on it whatsoever.
Then again, it features a strong and effective Velcro fastener. Having Velcro straps make it quite easy and simple to lock and unlock the cover. You can simply open the cap up and put it around the reel and close it down by attaching the Velcro parts together.
- Heavy-duty cover made from neoprene materials
- It fits 50, 100, 200, and 250 series baitcaster reels
- Velcro fastener for strong and quick locking
- Protects from scratches and damages
- One size cover fits different reel sizes
9. KUFA Low Profile Baitcasting Reel Cover– Best Reel Covers
If you are looking for a low-profile reel cover that doesn’t fit anything exceeding 300 series, then the KUFA low-profile cover is the right choice for you. It supports up to 300 baitcaster reels pretty well. So, this one is a perfect fit for the most common baitcast reels in a smaller category.
That being said, the building material of this cover is neoprene. It comes with a 4mm thickness to make it one of the toughest covers out there. You can safeguard your reel from any kind of impact and blow from outside wrapped up with this cover. Then again, it prevents scratches and bumps pretty effectively, as well.
Fitting this cover on your reel is really simple. You don’t need to take the reel out of the rod to apply it. Simply open the convenient Velcro strap and close it down after it fits the reel. Being excellently lightweight makes it even smoother to use.
- Made from stretchable neoprene materials
- Neoprene material comes with 4 mm of thickness
- Velcro strap locking system for secured and convenient lock
- It fits most baitcast reels up to 300 series
- The cover can be easily installed on or off the rod
10. PENN Neoprene– Best Conventional Reel Covers
Last but not least, we have the PENN Conventional reel covers on our list. Although the cover is named as conventional, it’s pretty expectational in the real sense. It’s crafted by a heavy-duty and stretchable neoprene material that protects the reel from scratches, impacts, and bumps.
Now, the 5mm thickness of the neoprene cover offers quite a bit of protection to the reel compared to most of its counterparts. Moreover, it is secured with triple-stitched seams to make sure nothing gets wrong when you are using it with your utmost force. So, you can easily use it to cover your reels when you are transporting the fishing gear.
Then again, the Velcro closures on the reel come with yet another surprise. It can be easily locked and unlocked, even if the reel is attached to the rod. So, you get a convenient locking system with an easy-to-use Velcro strap. Moreover, the reel cover is available in 7 different sizes, so you can simply pick one that suits your reel!
- The cover is entirely made out of superior quality neoprene material
- Reel cover comes with 5mm thickness
- Superior triple stitched seams
- It comes with durable Velcro straps
- Available in 7 different sizes
Importance of Baitcast Reel Cover
Baitcast reels are sensitive. In fact, the reel itself has to do most of the work when you are casting and dragging the line while fishing. Yes, the rod plays a vital part, too, but the reel is the one that gets the actual job done.
So, keeping it safe and sound from impacts and damages is something that you need to make sure of. Moreover, as we often carry the fishing rod and reel from a distant place to the lake, it does make it vulnerable to scratches, bumps, and other external wounds.
A reel cover here can be seen as a solution. It makes sure that the reel doesn’t come in contact with anything externally. Plus, it also prevents the dust and dirt that are airborne and can cause internal damage to the reel by entering inside. Moreover, some of the most modern reel-covers we have found offer protection from Ultraviolet rays of the sun, as well.
So, overall, a reel cover does protect the reel from multiple threats that can damage it from different angles. In order to make sure that you are heading for fishing with a strong, useful, and functional reel, a reel cover is a must.
Top 3 Baitcaster Reel Cover Brands
Although we believe quality doesn’t always depend on the brand name, it does play a huge role in attesting to the output. A good brand with a reputation for producing excellent quality products will always have the advantage of getting picked from the competitors. That’s not any different in the case of reel covers. Here, we are mentioning some of the most prominent reel covers that you can easily try out.
Abu Garcia is one of the most popular brands in the fishing gear industry. Starting from 1921, this Swedish company has been producing some of the top-notch fishing gears to date.
Established in 1940, Shimano has become one of the leading producers of fishing gears. From top-ranking anglers to newbies, Shimano has a special place for most anglers around the world.
In 1940, a family business that aimed to revolutionize fishing gear was started in Columbia. Since then, Lews has become a trusted name among anglers for its commitment to precision and quality.
Apart from these companies, brands like Penn, SF Store, Allen company, etc., are some of the well-known and trusted names in the fishing gear industry.
Best Baitcaster Reel Cover Buying Guide
So, you are seriously up to getting the best baitcasting reel, right? Well, if you are not sure which one to pick from our list, here’s a quick guide to what to look for in a baitcast reel cover.
As you will be covering a sophisticated part of your fishing gear, you must be careful in picking the material that is used to build the cover. Most leading brands use neoprene materials for crafting material. However, you must ensure that the material comes with proper thickness. Any measurement between 2mm to 5mm is considered the best. So, try to keep it between this range.
As the reel gets trapped inside the cover, it’s no wonder that it may end up suffocating in it. This may eventually trap droplets from the air and keep the reel wet. To prevent this, the cover should have vented holes that allow proper air circulation.
Moreover, it will not trap water droplets and will keep the reel dry for a long time. This way, you can bring a fresh reel out of the cover every single time.
Although it’s not an absolute necessity that the reel cover has to have a velcro strap for locking, it’s an advantage. This is because velcro straps are pretty quick and convenient in locking and unlocking, so it will save your time.
Installing On and Off The Rod
It won’t be a great idea if you have to keep detaching the reel from the rod every time you need to cover it up. Some of the most useful covers out there can be set even if the reel is attached to the rod. It’s better to try out some of these.
By the time you have reached halfway through our best baitcaster reel cover reviews, it should be obvious to you what the most useful reel cover should feature. Still, you can cut it short and simply pick the most promising one that you find from the choices we have put here today.
If you think you need to go out and search for more, we believe our buying guide will give you the necessary hints for what to look for! This way, you will definitely be going to pick the best one, for sure. Happy fishing!