John Hunt is a professional angler! He has been fishing for the last 12 years, he loves to participate in fishing tournaments everywhere with his...Read more
It goes without saying that sight fishing is all about your sight of the fish. Yeah, there’s a catch; you don’t get to see the fish out of the water. You need to spot it underneath it. Seems challenging enough now?
Well, it gets more challenging when the glare chooses to step on the way. It makes it difficult to have a clean look at the fish with the bright reflection, thanks to the scorching sunlight.
Now, the solution to this is polarized sunglasses. It reduces the reflection of sunlight on your eyes and makes it very comfortable for your vision. Hold on; you don’t need to worry about the cost already cause we are going to pick up some of the best cheap polarized sunglasses for sight fishing.
Wanna join us in the quest? Let’s begin, shall we?
Which Polarized Sunglass Color is the Best for Fishing?
As polarized sunglasses come in different colors, you must be wondering what all these colors are for? Well, for a polarized sunglass, the colors do have meanings.
- Grey/Black: The grey or black color is used for an all-around application, not just limited to fishing. It represents the natural color and gives a dark tint.
- Red: Red color can reduce strain on the eyes. It gives you better visibility on the road while you are driving.
- Green: Green also represents natural colors. It is great for low-light and foggy environments. But it blocks less light than the grey/black one.
- Yellow: Yellow fits perfectly for overcast days. Although it blocks less light than the others, it gives you good clarity on cloudy days.
- Brown/Amber: It reduces blue light and offers increased contrast. It’s an all-around color for fishing.
The Best Cheap Polarized Sunglasses For Fishing Reviews
Our pull of experts handpicked the following 7 sunglasses out of hundreds of available options. It took us 20+ hours to skim through and finally settle down with these 7 choices. Keep reading till the end to find out what we have unearthed.
1. Infi Eyewear Fishing Polarized Sunglasses
We start it off with the Infi Eyewear polarized sunglasses. The large plastic frame of this glass makes it a perfect goggle for your next sight-fishing trip. Yes, the plastic material may sound a little weaker, but this one is simply outstanding for its impressive build quality.
What We Like
- (+) Top Polarization: The glass can offer a 99.5% polarization effect which is massive. It can filter most glares against your eyes and allow you to see a clear picture of the fish under the water surface. With that amount of polarization effect, you can also feel pretty comfortable.
- (+) TAC Material: To make sure that you can enjoy the best light filtering system, the makers used Cellulose Triacetate (AKA TAC) to produce the film. The material is imported from Germany to keep the authenticity of its quality.
- (+) UV Protection: Apart from filtering the glare, the goggles also protect your vision from UV400. With its 100% protection technique, it keeps your eyes safe from the harmful rays of the sun in the open sea. That’s something you can bet your bucks on.
- (+) Scratch-Resistance: As much as the sunglass can repel UV rays and glare, it can also prevent minor scratches from its surface. The glass is coated with mirror coating and applies reinforced materials to keep it safe from scratches here and there.
Keep In Mind
- (-) Doesn’t Hide the Eyes: The lens doesn’t come with a completely covered coating. If you are planning to hide your eyes beneath the lenses, you may need to look for a different glass.
2. KUGUAOK Polarized Sports Sunglasses
Kuguaok comes with a wide range of colorful lenses to pick up from. The sporty sunglass is a perfect fit for sight fishing and allow you to enjoy an HD view through the carefully crafted lenses.
The goggle is pretty lightweight and puts no pressure on your eyes, ear, and nose.
What We Like
- (+) 9-Layer Lenses: The lenses used here are specially made to combat glare and direct sunlight. For that reason, the lenses consist of 9 different layers that work differently to provide comfort for your eyes. From UV protection to color coating and scratch resistance – together, these layers offer the best eye protection for you.
- (+) Rubber Silicone Nose Pad: What happens when you are wearing sunglasses for a long time, it starts to hurt your nose. Kuguaok took special care of this by designing the nose pad with silicone rubber. No matter how long you are wearing the glass, it won’t put any pressure on your nose.
- (+) Scratch-Proof: The lenses are protected with the anti-scratch membrane that makes it tough for any contact to leave a deep scratch on it. You can easily use it casually around and expect a lesser scratch than usual.
Keep In Mind
- (-) Nose Pad Holes: The holes and the grooves of the nose pad leave a mark on the nose even when you take it off.
3. Fishoholic Polarized Fishing Sunglasses
With 5 different color options, Fishoholic Polarized sunglasses offers a number of protections for your vision. From UV blocking to glare reduction – the sunglasses offer the maximum protection you need.
From dawn to dusk, you can enjoy the same level of performance from this lightweight eyewear. Not to mention, wearing it all day won’t cause any headache or pain in your eyes, for sure.
What We Like?
- (+) Wide Sides: Having a couple of 2.37-inch lenses and a 120mm wide arm, the glass offers a fairly wider view. This means the goggle can reduce the glare from the sides, as well, resulting in a much clearer view than any other regular sunglasses.
- (+) UV Protection: Its superior quality lenses offer maximum protection from UV rays. Up to 100% blocking UV400 means it is going to safeguard your eyes during the scorching hot days.
- (+) FlexTuff Composite Frame: To offer maximum comfort for your eyes, ear, and nose, the frame of the sunglass is designed with FlexTuff composite. So, you can feel a sense of comfort when you put the glass on, even if you are wearing it all day.
- (+) All-Day View: It is tested that the sunglass can offer equally smooth vision at different parts of the day. It’s never too dark to look through the lenses, and it’s always soothing to look through the coatings.
Keep In Mind
- (-) Poor Saltwater Performance: The glare of the sunglass is not as impressive on the saltwater as on freshwater. However, the individual performance is nothing unimpressive.
4. DUCO Men’s Luxury Carbon Fiber Temple Polarized Sunglasses
The name Luxury Polarized Sunglass suits pretty well the DC8206 from Duco. That’s because its excellent design and durable making make it a regular day-to-day sunglass, plus a specialized glass for sight fishing.
With its 11 variants in color, you can choose one that matches your personality.
What We Like
- (+) Durable Frame: Flexibility and strength have blended while constructing the frame of this goggle. The fusion of Aluminum-Magnesium material offers excellent durability. Moreover, the carbon fiber makes it pretty bendable yet retains the strength it comes with.
- (+) Lightweight Glass: As it’s made from carbon fiber material, it is significantly lighter than most other sunglasses out there. If you are to compare this one with the glasses crafted from titanium, this one would be around 29% lighter. Hence, you can feel the comfort of your eyes.
- (+) Adjustable Nose Pad: To make sure you are not hurting your nose in any way, the nose pad here can be conveniently adjusted. Plus, the spring arms also offer flexibility to fit your face cut and blend with your eyes, ears, and nose.
- (+) Double UV Protection: The lens comes with a double layer dedicated to protecting the eyes from UV Rays. That’s why it can effectively block the harmful ray from the sun and keep your eyesight safe.
Keep In Mind
- (-) Stretching Needed: The glasses come out of the box pretty tight. You need to stretch it a bit to fit your eyes and ears.
5. Tifosi Podium XC Shield Sunglasses
Although at first glance, it may appear to be a sunglass designed solely for sportsmen, the Tifosi Podium XC is more than that. It’s a versatile sunglass that can offer protection at any point, anywhere.
That being said, the glass works excellently if you are picking it up for sight fishing. Its amazing glare-resisting see-through vision will make it very easy for you to spot the rebellious of fishes in the water.
What We Like
- (+) Durable Material: The sunglass is made from Grilamid TR-90 nylon that offers both a lightweight profile and excellent durability. This durable frame can easily stand against scratch and other physical damage pretty conveniently.
- (+) All-Day Wear: Being made from a comfortable material, the sunglass can be worn all day. It won’t cause any fatigue or pressure on your head, and you won’t feel a difference between wearing it and taking it off.
- (+) Comfortable Wear: Tifosi features a pair of nose pads on the goggle that is made from hydrophobic rubber. This means the pads are extremely flexible and offer soft feelings. Apart from offering comfort, the nose pads’ grip gets stronger with your sweating.
- (+) UV protection: The lenses are designed to block the Ultra-Violate rays of the sun to safeguard your eyesight. It can block almost 100% of the rays for optimum protection. Apart from that, the lenses are coated with mirror coating for scratch-resistant features.
Keep In Mind
- (-) Low Polarization: The polarization capacity of this sunglass is lower than the of regular polarized sunglasses. Although it is extremely durable, it won’t offer the best polarization for your sight fishing purpose.
6. Strike King Polarized Okeechobee Sunglasses
Another champ in the house is the Strike King Polarized Sunglass. Made especially for sight fishing, the Strike King sunglasses have a separate place on our list. Although the plastic frame may be a bit of a turn down for some users, it is not as fragile as the specs may tell. In reality, the goggle is one of the most useful ones for an angler.
What We Like
- (+) UBA and UVB Protection: The genius coating on the lenses allows the sunglass to protect your eyes against both UV A and UV B rays. So, your eyesight is safeguarded from both harmful rays and skin-burning heat! The mirror coating on the lens makes it simple and convenient.
- (+) Bi-Gradient Mirror Treatment: It takes a number of layers and coatings for a sunglass lens to filter the brightness and glare of the sunlight. That’s why the lenses on the Strike Kind Polarized sunglasses have been treated with Bi-Gradient mirror treatment to properly filter the light and brightness for soft and comfortable vision.
- (+) Mirror-Coating: Another intelligent design of the Strike King is its Mirror Coating on the lenses. It offers safety from minor and medium-level scratches on the lenses.
- (+) Multiple Layers: The lenses are made up of 11 different layers to filter the light and block the harmful rays of the sun. It’s obviously one of the most promising and useful eyes wears for sight fishing as per our research,
Keep In Mind
- (-) See-Through Design: The mirror finish is not well-executed as others can see your eyes through the lenses.
7. ROCKNIGHT HD Polarized UV Protection Fishing Sunglasses
And finally, we are wrapping our reviews for the best cheap polarized sunglasses for sight fishing with the fishing glass by Rocknight. This aluminum-magnesium construction offers a lightweight profile that fits perfectly on your nose and ears.
With 13 different color variants to choose from, you can pick the one that expresses your personality the most!
What We Like
- (+) Soft Silicone Nose Pad: Feel the comfort of the lightweight eyewear with the soft silicone nose pad on. The softness of the silicone makes it pretty comfortable on your nose, and it grips perfectly on your nose bones. Luckily enough, the glass comes with an extra pair of nose pads in case you lose the existing pairs.
- (+) Excellent Build Quality: Its aluminum-magnesium construction offers an equally lightweight and durable construction to the sunglasses. The lightweight design is a perfect fit for any fishing trip – all day long!
- (+) UVA and UVB Protection: Impressively enough, the sunglass can block both UVA and UVB rays from the sun. This results in safeguarding your eyes from both burning heat and harmful sunrays.
- (+) Anti-Slip Tips: Both the arms have a similar anti-slip tip ending that proves to be very soft on your ears. You can feel the softness on your ears, causing no stress at all. Plus, the anti-slip feature makes it stay on it the ear for as long as you wear it.
Keep In Mind
- (-) Less Scratch-resistant: Although the overall durability of the sunglass is not debated, it comes with a fragile scratch resistance which should have been improved.
Buyers Guide: Best Cheap Polarized Sunglasses
So, you are planning for the best budget polarized sunglasses, right? Well, here’re some of the key points you need to keep in mind before buying one.
Not all the glasses out there will give you the same level of polarization. Especially when you are comparing cheap and budget sunglasses, the chance is higher that the quality may be compromised.
So, you have to be careful more than ever. Some of the cheap products use cheap lamination on the lens for a polarizing look, but it won’t be of any benefit. To check if the sunglass lenses are actually polarized, you can use the test tag most of these makers come up with. Just look at the test tag through the lenses.
Then turn the lenses at 90 degrees. If the lenses are well-polarized, you can see a clear darkening on the lens.
Apart from getting rid of the glare from the water, it is equally vital to safeguard your eyes from the harmful rays of the sun. Most high-quality sunglasses offer protection from both Ultra Violate A and Ultra Violate B rays.
This secures you from both the harmful threats to your vision and skin. So, it’s better to check if the sunglass comes with the best UV protection. At a price point over 30 to 40 bucks, it definitely should protect you from UV rays.
It’s not only about looking through the lenses. You are going to use the glasses casually around, and it’s going to endure accidental falls and also a few blows from here and there. That means the glasses have to be resistant to scratches.
Otherwise, a few slight hits will cause deep scratches on the surface of the lens, which will eventually distort your view through your glasses.
You can’t keep adjusting the glasses when you are battling with a fish from your boat, can you? That’s why a good fitting is absolutely a necessity when you are wearing sight fishing sunglasses.
Some of the brands use a strap that lets you adjust the fitting, which is actually a great idea. You can easily pick up one that has the strap. If it doesn’t have a strap, you can also go for comfortable arms that grab your ears perfectly.
Different brands use different materials to build the actual glasses and frames for their sunglasses. While many use plastic, some use nylon and other strong composites to give the glasses sturdy build quality.
You can find makers using FlexTuff Composite, TAC, Bi-Gradient treatment, etc., to make sure the lens can filter well. As for the frame, some use an aluminum-magnesium combination to ensure robust and rugged construction.
Nose pads often come out as the most irritating part of a sunglass. If you are wearing a pair of sunglasses for a long time, the first thing that’s going to hurt you is the nose pad. However, if you are using eyewear that features a comfortable silicone rubber nose pad, it’s going to be a different story.
Silicone rubber nose pads can automatically adjust themselves according to your nose bones. Plus, these are very soft and caring towards your nose, too. So try to get a glass with a silicone rubber nose pad for the best comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What Color Is the Best for Fishing Sunglasses?
Ans. The straight answer here is the grey. It gives you amazing contrast and clarity. If you were to pick just one pair of sunglasses for your sight fishing, grey should be the one you choose.
Q2. What Are the Benefits of A Polarized Sunglass for Fishing?
Ans. A polarized sunglass reduces glare, gives you enhanced clarity and contrast, gives you a good color perception, and most importantly, protects your eyes from UV rays.
Q3. How Do Polarized Glasses Work?
Ans. In the past, when actual glasses were used for sunglasses, a polarized film was used between two glasses. However, nowadays, polycarbonate lenses are more popular, and the polarization technique has also changed.
Now, the polarized film is placed on the front side of the lens. Then, a scratch-resistant coating is applied for safety.
Having a sharp and clean look at the fish underwater and keeping your eyes protected at the same time is crucial. If wearing a pair of sunglasses makes both of these jobs easier, then going for the best one is the ultimate solution. If you are under a tight budget and searching for the best cheap polarized sunglasses for sight fishing, we believe our list here will definitely land you on the right page!